The Site Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of our multi-activity holiday childcare programmes, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times.
This role would be ideally suited to a: Manager, Supervisor, Head of Department, Coordinator, Teacher, Lecturer, Sports Leaders, Sports Coach or anyone with management of leadership experience.
This role requires someone who will be free during the school holidays when camps operate and during the Summer (minimum of 3 consecutive weeks)
You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your staff team in order to create fun and exciting holiday camps which promote participation, structure, care and development.
You will ensure successful execution of all policies and procedures, liaising with parents, school representatives and Head Office. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by United Adventure Camps.
The position of the Site Manager is a busy but hugely rewarding and varied role, where the experience of parents and children rests on your shoulders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of staff selected for you, to ensure they deliver both the quality of care and the standard of activities expected
- Inspire your staff to deliver quality activities by leading by example with energy, fun and enthusiasm.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself, your staff and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Implement new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Lead Camp Induction Day for your staff prior to camp opening.
- Ensure Ofsted requirements are met at all times on camp, liaising directly with an inspector in the event of an inspection.
- Liaising with Head Office with updates and queries.
- Point of contact for parents on camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues arising on camp.
- Point of contact with the Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp.
- Manage all administrative duties on camp, including sign-in and sign-out procedures, registration, staff rotas etc.
- Manage any other challenges that come with running a holiday camp.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of United Adventure Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for United Adventure Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or with significant managerial experience within the camp or childcare industry.
- Ideally qualified in sport, art, childcare or teaching, with significant experience of working with children.
- Natural leader with management experience, ideally within teaching or coaching sector.
- Excellent communicator, with confident face to face customer service skills.
- Good working knowledge of camp activities.
- Good decision maker, able to quickly assess and make informed judgements.
- Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required.
- Someone looking for a challenging, different but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare, teaching or coaching industry.
Why work for United Adventure Camps?
- Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love
- Help to contribute to our mission of getting children across the UK active
- Have overall responsibility for a number of United Adventure Camps within a geographic area (4-10 camps)
February, Easter, May, Summer and October Half Term School Holidays
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
- Hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available.
- Pay: £425 - £650 per week plus holiday pay.
About United Adventure Camps
Our Proposition: Empowering the next generation through education, language, leadership, growth and ingenuity
Our Vision: Empowering the next generation to live extraordinary lives
Attitude and Culture: Be accepting. Be yourself. Be ambitious. Be effective. Be efficient. Be a team player. Be human
How to apply
Firstly, upload your CV in PDF format.