Summary of Position:
The role of Survival Leader is to oversee the effective running of our Survival programmes. Along with your team of Survival Instructors, you will deliver outstanding theatre based, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children.
You will be expected to guide groups of children aged between 7 and 14 years through outdoor activities, with the emphasis being on fun, excitement, teamwork, and skill building. Taking overall responsibility for the course, you will ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to, ensuring child welfare is maintained at all times, and acting as the main point of contact for children, parents and Head Office.
Roles may include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue for those unable to commute daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of instructors selected for you, to ensure they deliver the quality of care and standard of outdoor education activities expected at Survival Camps.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to on Camp, and implement new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children, promoting their welfare
- Monitor staff and support staff development.
- Liaising with Head Office regarding escalated issues, updates and queries.
- Act as a point of contact for parents on Camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues arising on camp.
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 8-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Manage the setup of the Survival Camp by leading a Camp Induction Day, and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role on camp, supporting and caring for children throughout the week.
- Manage challenges that come with running an outdoor programme for children.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Survival Camps.
- Live up to the company promise of ‘Empowering the next generation to live extraordinary lives’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc.)
- Strong leadership and management skills, able to confidently motivate and manage staff, leading by example.
- Strong knowledge and experience within the field of outdoor education and outdoor recreation.
- Excellent communicator, with confident face-to-face customer service skills and experience.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience.
- Hold relevant NGBs or experience in all or some of the following: canoeing, archery, quad biking, bushcraft and environmental studies.
- Previous experience within outdoor education (bushcraft specific) and significant experience working with children in an outdoor setting.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges.
- Someone looking for a challenging, different, but hugely rewarding and enjoyable holiday job and the opportunity to progress in the Outdoor Education, Adventure and Childcare industries.
- Previous experience in a similar setting, ideally in a senior or managerial role.
- Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification.
About United Adventure Camps
Our Proposition: Empowering the next generation through education, language, leadership, growth and ingenuity
Our Vision: Empowering the next generation to live extraordinary lives
Attitude and Culture: Be accepting. Be yourself. Be ambitious. Be effective. Be efficient. Be a team player. Be human
How to apply
Firstly, upload your CV in PDF format. Include links to work samples.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying